MGI User Guide
This MGI User Guide includes:
- Understanding MGI -- a basic overview of MGI.
- Using MGI -- a step-by-step tutorial for typical uses
of MGI in your web site.
- Referencing MGI -- term definitions and a technical
description of each MGI tag.
- In the Understanding MGI section, you will understand
how MGI processes the pages of your web site, how MGI handles
errors in your web site, how MGI uses the MGI Data folder, and
you will understand the basic structure of regular MGI tags and
embedded MGI tags. Read the Understanding MGI Section first if
you are a new MGI user.
- In the Using MGI section, you will learn how to use MGI in
your web site by following step-by-step instructions for typical
MGI functions such as displaying banner ads, processing forms
to email, searching databases, and shopping online. You will
begin programming MGI immediately without memorizing every option
of an MGI tag. Read the Using MGI section to get started using
MGI or to review a typical MGI function.
- In the Referencing MGI section, you will find a complete
list of definitions and a technical reference for each MGI tag.
Each MGI tag was written for a specific purpose, but you can
choose tag options to customize the tag's function and you can
combine tags to create new functions. Read the Referencing MGI
section to customize the function of MGI for your web site.